Please, read it carefully. You may return any undamaged item purchased from Thermal Window Curtains, except items that are listed as Non-Returnable, like customized curtains. The returned undamaged product(s) must be received by us within 30 days from the date of the shipping of the product.
To Request a RETURN AUTHORIZATION, please email us Help@ThermalWindowCurtains.com. Please, state the reason for your return, it will make the authorization faster. Unauthorized returns will not be refunded.
If you find a manufacturing defect in our product, we will replace it FOR FREE and reimburse the return shipping expense.
If there are other reasons for the returns, we have to charge a 17% restocking fee, and the shipping cost is non-refundable. It is a necessity for our business, because we have to restock the returned curtain products, which involves losses. If you purchase another product from us for the equivalent price instead of the one you are returning, we will waive the restocking fee.
If the product was damaged because the customer violated its care instructions such product cannot be refunded. For example, if the care instructions for the product say "line dry, no drier" and the product has been dried in a drier and got shrunk, such damaged goods cannot be refunded.
All returned merchandise is subject to an inspection process to evaluate the condition of returned products and ascertain damage to product(s). If the care instruction for the product says "Dry clean" and the inspection discovers that the product has been washed we cannot refund such damaged goods.
If any item(s) returned to Thermal Window Curtains for refund appear to be contaminated with pet hair or any foreign matter which compromise the product's ability to be classified as New, it must undergo a reconditioning process. Thermal Window Curtains reserves the right to charge or withhold from refund a Reconditioning Fee which is 25% of the purchase price at time of sale, for any product(s) which is determined by inspection to be in need of reconditioning. If the reconditioning process is not able to restore any product(s) to its NEW condition, or if the curtains are damaged by some other cause, Thermal Window Curtains reserves the right to deny a refund based on the compromised condition of the returned product.
To avoid this problem, we recommend opening packages and working with curtains on a clean dry surface.
Please contact us for information on returning a product prior to doing so, and we will Email you specific return instructions.
Common mistakes that customers make and as a result want to return the curtains are:
1) the window turned out larger than the ordered curtains,
2) the received curtains were not measured correctly;
3) the curtains were not hung and judged by how they look in the package,
4) the color did not quite match the room design,
5) the drapes make the room too dark or too light.
There are ways to prevent those mistakes:
1) Carefully measure your windows/door dimensions prior to ordering curtains. The main rule for Tab Top and Grommet Top Curtains is their width have to be 1.5 - 3 times wider than your window width, for Pinch Pleated Drapes: the width of your window/patio door/drapery rod is a little smaller than the width of the drape(s) you would need. You may add a few inches if you want pleated drapes to overlap in the middle and/or a few extra inches for the drapes to wrap around the corners of your traverse rod. For more information, please follow Measuring guidelines on the “Shop by Size” page.
2) In order to get the correct measurement, curtains need to be slightly stretched. If they are just hung in a window or lay flat on a table, it will give a shorter reading.
3) Please, open the received curtain product and hang them. Hung curtains look different. We know a number of cases when customers wanted to return an unopened product, but hung it upon our request, and as a result changed their mind and kept it.
4) If you are sensitive to subtle variations in colors, please order a free fabric swatch(es) before purchasing drapes. This way you will be certain that your selection is just what you want. The color you see on your computer screen depends not only on the pictures from the websites, but also on the screen setting of each individual computer. Therefore, the rendition of colors by computers may differ a little between different computers. To be more sure of the color of a curtain, it is helpful to have a fabric color swatch. We offer free fabric samples of most of our products.
5) If you plan the drapes to be closed during the daytime, decide how much light you want to get in or to be blocked by the curtains. The darker the color of the curtains, the more light they block and the darker they will make your room. And on the contrary, the lighter the color, the more light the window treatments allow to go through and the lighter they will make your room.
Please, follow these instructions and it will save you time, money, efforts and spare you from unpleasant surprises.
To read more about this, please, go to the "Critical Information about Curtains: You MUST Know Before You Order" page.